“i have seen this in circulation on the blogworld – a bunch of folks i visit have something called the “friday fifty-five” and one is supposed to post a 55 word piece every friday. it’s a good idea – maybe we could start a “saturday 65″ and take off, eh? like you said, it would be good discipline, and i know a couple of folks who would jump right in.”
A Saturday 65 feature would be paragraph stories of 65 words (or a little less). The challenge would be to make a real story in so few words.
Wikipedia has a fair bit to say about flash fiction. I want to know what you have to say:
- Would readers of this jump right in and submit?
- Is this the place to post these 65 word entries? I usually post reviews, not fiction.
- Should I include 65 word quotes from classic literature?
- Should I include my own 65 word stories or non-fiction once in a while?
- Should the format be free or should I impose a form, say, satirical back-of-book blurbs to go with the overall ‘reading’ theme?
- How often should I post these 65 page pieces? Monthly? Weekly?
- Who would read them? Check out the page views button at the bottom of the page. This is a non-profit, low volume blog.
I would be very interested in some feedback. If I no one responds, that will answer all my questions.
If you want to reply, why not send me a 65 word piece to encourage me!
Runaway: Diary of a Street Kid
by: Evelyn Lau